An administrative fee of $95 is charged to each student at Module 1. There is an annual registration fee of $50 thereafter that covers:
- One year’s subscription to the Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia’s digital quarterly publication, Bowen Hands.
- Hard copies of manuals as well as digital copies that the student can access on his/her digital devices.
- A monthly email newsletter that contains articles, testimonials and class lists.
- Training videos
- Access to live teleconferences hosted by our instructors.
- Our administrative costs.
After completing the requirements to become a professional practitioner, the fee also includes:
- Client referrals via public listings on our website and in Bowen Hands.
- Access to, and credit for, all American Bowen Academy and Bowtech-endorsed continuing education classes.
We ask our professional practitioners to remain current in their yearly registration fee. Not only does it support the efforts to promote Tom Bowen’s unique work, but it also supports you. Staying current in your registration means you will always have access to continuing education to expand your understanding and increase your skills.
Instructors make every effort to promote their classes in order to achieve a minimum number of enrollments. However, there will be times when minimum enrollments are not met and the instructor will need to cancel a class. In those cases, the instructor must cancel the class two weeks prior to the class start date and refund all deposits.
In addition, American Bowen Academy recognizes the fact that students must sometimes cancel a class they have registered for after they have sent in a deposit.
The following policy sets the guidelines regarding instructor and student cancellations and the return of class fees:
- All deposits ($150/module or CE class) toward a class are nonrefundable unless the class is canceled by the instructor.
- If a student has paid in full for a class that an instructor cancels, all tuition will be refunded.
- If a student cancels 22 days or more prior to class, the “early-bird” tuition paid, minus the forfeited deposit, will be applied to another class taught by the same instructor.
- If a student cancels after the “early bird” registration has ended – within 22 days of class – all tuition will be forfeited.
American Disabilities Act
American Bowen Academy provides reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. Our policy is available upon request.
Complaint Resolution Policy
American Bowen Academy takes all complaints and concerns seriously and will perform a thorough investigation of all relevant facts of a complaint. See our Professional Standards page for more information about filing a complaint.